Shopify Front End Developer
Valid until: Oct 02 2020
Experienced Custom theme Shopify Front End Developer:
We need an amazing front-end developer to bring our creative – and sometimes challenging – designs to life. Your skills should be more than about speed. What we’re looking for is someone who’s strategic and can think through the overall design to anticipate future needs.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implement and maintain eCommerce sites
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with internal teams and client teams
- Decipher technical documentation for APIs, eCommerce systems, open
source projects, etc.
- Clearly communicate recommended solutions to team members and clients both verbally and in written documentation
- Provide leading-edge technical solutions
- Rigorously educate yourself with the latest development techniques and best practices
- Implement new eCommerce digital technologies or development techniques that help to
- Meet client goals and business objectives
- Collaborate internally to continue to improve process and company growth
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning eCommerce sites using HTML/CSS/Liquid/JS
- 2+ years of experience in front-end development for the web
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as
SASS and LESS
- A desire for continued education and enjoys keeping up with tech industry
trends and learning new technologies
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to
work around them
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will
adhere to them
- Ability to collaborate effectively and communicate clearly, especially in
dealing with non-technical team members and/or clients
- Creative problem-solver and out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and
- Big Plus Experience with Shopify Plus or Shopify
- Big Plus Experience working with other eCommerce platforms (Magento, etc.)
- Big Plus Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Big Plus Versed in agile development and best practices
Can you bring the “Human” Factor?
- You offer help before someone has to ask.
- You're not afraid to tell a joke (even if it’s a bad one.)
- You ask “why?”
- You want to help build a better company because it is good for you and the person sitting next to you.
- You strive to find the opportunity in every obstacle.
- You smile, even frown at times, laugh, & try hard!
You're Going to Love This
- A Mac-based office; state of the art MacBook Pros and Cinema Displays at every desk
- Complex, challenging projects and incredible clients that inspire out of the box thinking
- An accommodating, collaborative, and open environment in which culture and personality is valued and respected.
- Involvement and input into every phase of a project
- Competitive wages
- Healthcare including dental, vision, and life.
- We offer a 3% match on our IRA plan
- Paid time off
- Profit-based bonuses
- Varied continuing education to build on professional and personal skills
- Healthy Snack supply from SnackNation
- Store setup
- 3rd party integrations
- Page speed optimization
- Custom app development
- Data migration
- Conversion rate optimization
1701 Meeting Street, Charleston, South Carolina 29405, United States