iOS native app selling products using Shopify as the e-com backend
Valid until: Jul 28 2021
### Sales Channel
- Do we need to turn our iOS mobile app into a sales channel?
- How do I turn my iOS app into a sales channel?
- We don't need this app to be public, does it still have to be approved by Shopify?
- Only public apps can take payments
- We don't want or need our app to be public
- Is it better we maintain a backend that communicates with Shopify and exposes data to our iOS app? — all info in the app is info regarding products in Shopify.
- Is it better our iOS app directly consumes Storefront and Checkout APIs?
- Is there a recommend hybrid approach? — For example: iOS consuming Storefront API directly and Checkout API being served by our private backend
### Sales Channel Alternatives
- Can we process payments without our iOS app being a sales channel?
Adding additional fields of information to products
- Shop Name
- Season - Summer '19
One of the options is using [custom themes](https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Product-pages-Get-customization-information-for-products/m-p/616525?utm_campaign=Guru_%20_Ask&utm_medium=Forum&utm_source=Social).
If we use custom themes, is this data available through **Storefront API**?
Is there any other way to define custom data fields and access this data from **iOS Buy SDK**?
Is it possible to improve SEO performance for a shop that is almost exclusively accessed through a native mobile app?
### Similar Products
Shopify offers in its online store sales channel a widget with similar products for cross selling.
Is this data available through API? Which API?